Jivox Ad Platform Supports Industry’s Move to Combat Consumer Ad Blocking by Improving User Experience
Leading digital ad platform adds new capabilities supporting ‘L.E.A.N. Ads’ guidelines to help publishers and agencies deliver lighter, faster-loading ads at scale
PALM DESERT, Calif.–January 26, 2016–IAB ANNUAL LEADERSHIP MEETING 2016 — Jivox, provider of the leading platform for data-driven dynamic advertising and marketing, today introduced a number of enhancements to its Jivox IQ Dynamic Canvas technology enabling publishers and agencies to more easily produce and serve digital ads aligned with technology guidelines provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB).
Introduced last year by the IAB Technology Laboratory (IAB Tech Lab), the L.E.A.N. Ads initiative (which stands for Light, Encrypted, Ad-choice supported and Non-invasive) presented a set of core principles to help guide the next phases of advertising technical standards for the global digital advertising supply chain.
“Many consumers like ads – they provide information on products they want to purchase. The problem is that for over a decade now the industry has been bombarding users with irrelevant and increasingly intrusive ads,” said Diaz Nesamoney, president and CEO, Jivox. “The IAB’s L.E.A.N. Ads initiative is perhaps the best approach publishers and brands can take to combat consumers’ desire to block ads. Namely, give them what they want: more relevant, less annoying ads. Today we’ve released new features in the Jivox dynamic ad platform that directly support L.E.A.N. guidelines with this result in mind.”
“We introduced L.E.A.N. Ads as the initial framework our industry can use to collaboratively address making good user experience priority number one,” said Scott Cunningham, senior vice president, technology and ad operations, IAB, and general manager, IAB Tech Lab. “We applaud the initiative taken by Jivox and others to begin transforming this vision into a reality.”
The Jivox IQ platform delivers highly relevant ads through its robust personalization capabilities, enabling customization down to the individual. Through its cloud-based ability to serve up only the minimal set of assets and code required to render an ad, the Jivox platform also delivers lightweight ads that load quickly for users.
Jivox has upgraded its digital ad platform to deliver even lighter and leaner ads, with new capabilities such as:
- Significantly decreasing ad weight by reducing ad layout framework size to under 50k. Ad weight, therefore, is determined primarily by the size of the creative assets.
- Using a CMS system and handling most scripting needs server-side. Because only the minimally required HTML is output, the ad does not contain heavy code in addition to its assets.
- Loading viewable assets only. The platform will only load and render an asset in the ad if it will be visible to the user in that creative variation.
- Providing “polite loads” which delay asset loading until user interaction requires it.
- Supporting compression profiles for video in rich media, mobile and in-stream ads. This ensures low-weight videos for slow connections, e.g. on mobile devices.
- Enabling on-the-fly image and other asset compression to reduce bandwidth consumption and download size on publisher pages.
- For personalized ads, processing all dynamic decisioning rules and data in the cloud instead of within the ad’s creative.
The IAB Technology Laboratory is an independent, international, nonprofit research and development consortium charged with producing and helping companies implement global industry technical standards. Comprised of digital publishers and ad technology firms, as well as marketers, agencies, and other companies with interests in the interactive marketing arena, the IAB Tech Lab’s goal is to reduce friction associated with the digital advertising and marketing supply chain, while contributing to the safe and secure growth of the industry.
Jivox enables the world’s top brands to deliver highly personalized digital ad experiences. The company’s flagship Jivox IQ™ is the industry’s first digital advertising platform designed to deliver dynamic ads at scale for programmatic media across all formats and screens. With its unique ability to integrate first-party, audience and contextual data, the Jivox IQ platform creates personalized digital ads in real time – customized to the individual – by dynamically generating thousands of creative and messaging variations at scale. Several hundred leading brands and agencies use Jivox, including Bayer, Bose, Condé Nast, 1-800-Flowers.com, Johnson & Johnson,