Vice President of Engineering
Jivox is transforming the way the world experiences digital marketing. We connect brands with their audiences in the most personalized way: using big data, AI/machine learning, Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO) and customer journey optimization technologies to deliver omni-channel precision marketing. More than serving relevant messages in consumers’ purchase-intent micro moments across all channels, brands can track, measure, and optimize customer paths–starting from a brand website, email, or exposure to an advertisement–that are driving engagement and conversions. Recognized as a leader in creative advertising technologies, only Jivox delivers 1:1 messaging throughout the customer journey, seamlessly linking paid and owned media. Jivox is trusted by hundreds of leading companies including Marriott International, Toyota, Sony, AirBnB, Mazda, Pepsi and more. Jivox has been recognized by Forrester as a leader in creative advertising technologies, and is able to offer large global brands both experience and maturity.
You will have a dual focus in the company – being the technical visionary and guru for the product development team, and being the evangelist within the management team to help achieve the vision and push the boundaries on the product.
You will lead, help and guide our team of architects and technical leaders and engineers learn and push the boundaries of functional programming, distributed systems, micro services, while developing and supporting production systems. Your hands on attitude and ability to roll your sleeves to work with the leads and engineers will be a key asset to establishing yourself as the go to person in the team. You will set standards for code design and testing, utilizing various tools spanning BitBucket, JIRA, Code coverage, code inspectors. Emphasizing DevOps and observability, you’ll work with the team deploying and monitoring their own services.
- At least 15 years of programming experience.
- At least 7 years leading SaaS / Enterprise product development teams of 30 or more people.
- Have a passion for technology, and the ability to distill complex problems into small chunks.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer science fundamentals, data structures, distributed computing & algorithms, among others in real world applications.
- Mastery over Database design, Warehousing for near real time applications.
- Deep knowledge of AWS services, Cost management of those services, as well as in memory data stores, especially Redis.
- Experience with large memory Java applications, as well as Scala centric open source projects like Apache Spark, Play Framework, Akka, Kafka.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork.
- Solid understanding of computer systems and networks.
- Production quality coding standards and patterns.
- Passion to hire top engineering talent; provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to your staff.
We Really Like To See
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. Master’s degree a big plus.
- Experience with microservice architecture.
- An ability to help move a legacy monolithic PHP model to micro services.
- Knowledge of the Ad servers and Personalization market space.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job description in the email subject line.
Jivox is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)