Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Bangalore | Shift: India working hours
Jivox is transforming the way the world experiences digital marketing. We connect brands with their audiences in the most personalized way: using big data, AI/machine learning, Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO) and customer journey optimization technologies to deliver omni-channel precision marketing. More than serving relevant messages in consumers’ purchase-intent micro moments across all channels, brands can track, measure, and optimize customer paths–starting from a brand website, email, or exposure to an advertisement–that are driving engagement and conversions. Recognized as a leader in creative advertising technologies, only Jivox delivers 1:1 messaging throughout the customer journey, seamlessly linking paid and owned media. Jivox is trusted by hundreds of leading companies including Marriott International, Toyota, Sony, AirBnB, Mazda, Pepsi and more. Jivox has been recognized by Forrester as a leader in creative advertising technologies, and is able to offer large global brands both experience and maturity.
We’re hiring a talented Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join us. This position will work directly with our engineering team to evolve our large scale, high-performance computing environment. We need strong Site Reliability Engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly and who are enthusiastic about building new technologies. This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas, including making contributions to our data and data science initiatives.
Site Reliability Engineers are hybrid systems and software engineers who are responsible and take ownership for reliability, automation, and other issues related to ‘keeping the lights on’ in Jivox’s foundation. SREs are integrated within the infrastructure team, and we’re looking for engineers who want to be a part of developing infrastructure software, maintaining it, and scaling it.
- Work alongside extremely accomplished Engineers on a truly hard problem: scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute system.
- Write software, from system automation to network services, to scale our platform.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new system layers utilizing a first-principles understanding of high complexity compute environments.
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation.
- Capacity planning and management
- You will drive the company through “Disaster Recovery Tests”, where we manually turn down pieces of infrastructure to test Jivox’s overall resiliency to failures
- Extremely strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- You are willing to “carry the pager” but strive to build a system reliable enough that you don’t get paged.
- Strong programming skills (Java / Python / Shell scripting / Ruby). Must have CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software. A formal CS degree is not required.
- Prior experience working alongside an Engineering team developing and supporting a complicated technical product.
- Fundamental understanding of *NIX systems.
- Strong networking troubleshooting skills.
- Prior experience on a large LAMP stack implementation, as well as Java based microservices.
- Prior experience supporting an Internet facing application at scale. Think scale at Petabytes, 100s of nodes, Terabytes per day of content served.
- Prior experience (atleast 5 years) with a Cloud infrastructure service provider (AWS, Azure, GCP). Certification at the level of Solution Architect in AWS or equivalent required.
- Prior experience with container technologies like Docker and resource managers like Kubernetes / Mesosphere Marathon.
- Prior experience with time-series based monitoring / observability systems like Nagios, Wavefront, Datadog as well as Indexing systems like ELK.
- Prior experience with high performance networks.
Good To Have
- Experience with advertising platforms
- Experience with mobile applications
- Experience in working in SaaS company
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com with the job description in the email subject line.
Jivox is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)