A. WHAT INFORMATION JIVOX COLLECTS FROM YOU
Jivox may collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information about you.
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information.” Non-Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g. demographic information or website visitations). Jivox may collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below.
B. HOW JIVOX COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
Any Personally Identifiable Information submitted to Jivox will be sent to and stored in servers located at our Internet Data Service Provider. The Personally Identifiable Information practices set forth apply to all Jivox’s customers worldwide.
1. Registration. Prior to using one or more of the Jivox Properties, Jivox may require certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information to create an individual account (“Account”) or to enable features or functionality of the Jivox Properties. Failure to provide all required information required by Jivox may prevent access to any or all Jivox Properties, and failure to maintain accurate information may result in suspension or termination of access to any or all Jivox Properties. .
2. Information Collected Through Technology. While you are able to visit the Jivox Site and remain anonymous, Jivox or its third party service providers may still collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your use of the Jivox Properties (e.g. your Internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your Internet service provider). Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
- Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive which work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Jivox Site. Cookies do not generally contain any Personally Identifiable Information. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Jivox Properties unavailable to you.
- IP Address. You may visit many areas of the Jivox Site anonymously without the need to become a registered User. Even in such cases, Jivox may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin service with an Internet service provider. Each time you access the Jivox Site and each time you request one of Jivox’s pages, the server logs your IP address.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in Web pages and e-mails. Jivox may use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that Jivox sends to Users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personally Identifiable Information.
- Tracking Content Usage. If you use the Jivox Services and you post audio-visual materials including, without limitation, text, logos, artwork, graphics, video, pictures, or sound (collectively, “Content“) to your Web site or to a third party Web site, Jivox tracks and captures Non-Personally Identifiable Information associated with User Accounts and the use of Content.
C. HOW JIVOX USES YOUR INFORMATION
- System Administration. Jivox may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with Jivox servers, monitoring Jivox’s system performance and traffic on the Jivox Properties and to gather broad demographic information about Jivox customers.
- Notices to Registered Users. If you have registered for an Account, Jivox may use your Personally Identifiable Information to send e-mails regarding your registration, including confirmation to verify the accuracy of any information you have provided, and instructions on how to post Content. Jivox may also send you e-mails to verify your identity or to notify you if Jivox believes your use of Jivox Properties violates any applicable agreement for the use of the Jivox Properties.
- Third Party Services. Jivox may share your Personal and Financial Information with third parties who provide services, which may include Web site hosting, promotion fulfillment, credit card clearance, data analysis and other services of an administrative nature. Personal and Financial Information may be shared with such third parties only when necessary to facilitate your use of the Jivox Properties. Third parties may have access to Personal and Financial Information only to the extent needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional E-mails. Jivox may use your Personally Identifiable Information to send you e-mails periodically listing promotions or events relating to the Jivox Properties or from Jivox’s marketing partners or sponsors. You have the choice to opt-out of receiving such promotional e-mails by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or following the instructions in such correspondence. Once Jivox has processed your opt-out request, Jivox will not send you promotional e-mails unless you opt back in to receiving such communications.
- Contact Information. If you contact Jivox by telephone, e-mail or letter, Jivox may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. If you report a problem with the Jivox Properties, Jivox may collect this information in a file specific to you. You may contact Jivox at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from Jivox’s database.
D. USER CHOICE
Jivox allows users to request access to data collected about them and to opt-out of using data to customize advertisements.
- Access or Change your Information. Upon request, Jivox will allow Users to update or correct Personal and Financial Information previously submitted, but only to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Additionally, upon request, Jivox will delete Personal or Financial Information from the database where such information is stored; however, it may be impossible to entirely delete a User’s entry without some residual information being retained due to the manner in which data backups are maintained. Requests to delete Personal or Financial Information will be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opt-Out. Jivox allows users to opt out of having personalized advertisements served to them. Please note that opting out does not block ads, rather it implies that Jivox will not use your data to personalize the ad viewing experience. Please click here to view or change your opt-out preferences.
E. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
F. SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- Security Measures. Jivox protects your Personal and Financial Information using state-of the-art technologies, including the following.
- Secure Socket Layer. Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encrypted communication is used to protect all Personal and Financial Information. SSL is a standard format for transmitting secure data from your computer to Jivox’s servers. SSL works by using a private key to encrypt data that is transferred over the SSL connection. You will know SSL is being used when you see “https” preceding a Web address, rather than “http.” Additionally, to protect your Personal and Financial Information, Jivox restricts employee access to databases containing Personal and Financial Information, imposes confidentiality requirements upon employees who do have access to databases containing Personal and Financial Information, and binds subcontractors with contractual, technical and organizational measures. In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and billing may be handled by third party financial institutions, which may only use your Personal and Financial Information in connection with the business services they perform for Jivox and not for their own benefit or otherwise. All information they receive is via SSL. Although Jivox uses reasonable efforts to safeguard the security of your Personal and Financial Information, transmissions made on or through the Internet are vulnerable to attack and cannot be guaranteed to be secure. In addition, submissions made via e-mail are not protected by SSL technology and are vulnerable to interception during transmission. You hereby acknowledge that Jivox is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and release Jivox from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information.
- Third Party Links. The Jivox Properties may contain links to third parties who may collect Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information directly from you. Additionally, Jivox may use third parties to provide components of the Jivox Properties. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of Jivox. Jivox: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such Web sites or the security of any information you provide to them.
H. SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
Use of the Jivox Properties is not intended for minors under the age of 18 (“Minors”). Minors are not authorized by Jivox to use the Jivox Properties, even if Minors set up an Account or accept the terms of any agreement for Jivox Properties. Parents or guardians may authorize Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 to use the Jivox Properties, provided they assume all responsibility and legal liability for the conduct of such Minor including, without limitation, monitoring the Minor’s access and use of the Jivox Properties. Jivox does not intentionally collect nor maintain any personally identifiable information from Minors. If you discover your Minor child has submitted his or her information to Jivox, you may request to have such information deleted from Jivox’s database by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com together with the e-mail address that was submitted by the Minor. Upon receiving the request, Jivox will use reasonable efforts to delete such information. If Jivox learns that a Minor is using the Jivox Properties, Jivox will require verified parental or guardian consent, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA“).
I. CONTACT JIVOX
1810 Gateway Blvd
San Mateo, CA 94404
Last updated January 2016